Salary: Competitive annual salary
Location: Madrid, Spain / Remote
We are looking for a passionate Big-Data Engineer, experienced with Azure or Amazon data offerings, ETL packages and Power BI or similar. Willingness to participate in challenging projects is essential as well as being part of our Business development goal based on being the best international software company to work with.
What you’ll do:
- Your goal will be to work with internal teams to design, develop and maintain data integration, analytics or reporting solutions
- You will be in charge of creating the right solutions for our clients’ needs and work with the Architecture and Management teams to deliver the requirements in time and with the required quality
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Design clean, scalable solutions with the available tools
- Test and deploy the integrations and reports
- Improve existing solutions
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on these topics and provide technical support
Experience & Skills:
You may be a good fit if you:
- Are an experienced Big-Data Engineer (more than 3 years of professional experience)
- Speak English fluently (Provable minimum C1) as we work with international clients
- Are familiar with DataMart, DataWarehouse, DataLake and related infrastructure
- Have extensive experience with Azure/AWS Data Platform including ETL, Analytics and Visualisation
- Experience of SQL and its different flavours (Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Know visualisation platforms (Power BI, Snowflake, Tableau)
- Have knowledge of Apache Spark, Azure DataBricks and similar technologies
- Have experience with data modelling for analytics and reporting
- Enjoy working closely with the entire team to ensure that the work attains the highest standards of quality
- Follow Agile / Scrum principles
What skills add value to your application?
- You are passionate for data, know how to extract meaning from it and how to visualise it in a simple yet compelling manner
- Able to work remotely within an international team
- A team player
- Proactive and an excellent communicator
- Always seeking for continuous improvement
- A problem-solver
- Clients and results orientated
We have a Remote first culture, but you can also work from our WeWork offices located in Madrid center.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive annual salary dependent on experience, with an additional benefits package including:
Why Join DCSL GuideSmiths?
Work on a Variety of Projects
We offer the opportunity to work on full life cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging.
Learning & Development
We believe in investing in our people. We provide training and offer opportunities to gain or update accreditations.
Flexible Compensation Plan
We offer a flexible compensation plan and let you choose what is best for you. Private medical insurance, restaurant & transportation credit card and training budget.
Our people know the kind of skills and personalities that make people fit in here. Refer your peers through our referral reward scheme.