Salary: up to £35,000 per annum
Location: Farnborough / UK-Remote
As a Financial Analyst at DCSL GuideSmiths, you will ensure the accurate recording and preparation of the Cash Book, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable in accordance with business processes. To support the Financial Controller on preparation of the accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and statutory returns.
What you’ll do:
As a Financial Analyst at DCSL GuideSmiths, you will have primary responsibility for the preparation of the monthly TB, AP, AR and commercial information to the Financial Controller. This should be timely and accurate and in line with the reporting requirements of the business.
What you’ll be doing on a daily basis:
- Managing daily invoicing, pro-forma, sales receipts and updating the internal sales teams
- Perform credit checks, update credit insurance regularly
- Credit control – chasing outstanding debt via email and telephone
- Processing of supplier invoices and monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Daily bank and credit card reconciliations
- Management of all bank payments including foreign currency, dealing with foreign suppliers along with raising sales and purchase invoices
- Maintain an accurate monthly trial balance, along with preparing nominal ledger reconciliations and controls
- Perform accounting journal entries and control account reconciliations to ensure the financial software system is in balance
- Perform any reconciliations necessary between systems and/or different legal entities
- Prepare, calculate and process the monthly payroll and reporting. Produce P60, P45, P11D returns for review by Financial Controller
- Responsibility of company expenses
- Reviewing costs and overheads
- Ad-hoc reporting as and when required by senior management
Experience & Skills:
You may be a good fit if you have:
- A recognised accounting qualification (AAT)
- Previous experience as Financial Manager or Finance Analyst
- Really strong Excel skills and database systems
- Previous experience of accounting systems essential, e.g. SAGE
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work to deadlines
We are ideally seeking candidates who can work from our Head Office in Farnborough (Hampshire) for 3 days per week with 2 days working from home.
Our Head Office in Farnborough is a 10-minute walk from Farnborough Main station and close to the town centre and local amenities.
Salary and Benefits
Annual salary of up to £35,000 per annum, with an additional benefits package including:
(plus Bank Holidays)
including discounted gym membership
Why Join DCSL GuideSmiths?
Learning & Development
We offer dedicated hours for learning, as well as access to an online learning platform.
Supporting the local community is important to us at DCSL GuideSmiths. We give our people an extra 1 day off per year to carry out charity work of their choosing.
Our people know the kind of skills and personalities that make people fit in here. Refer your peers through our referral reward scheme.