Salary: up to £70,000 per annum
Location: Farnborough / UK-Remote
As the Financial Controller at DCSL GuideSmiths you’ll manage the international finance team to ensure that all monthly management information and commercial analysis for the international regions of the company are produced accurately and in accordance with business needs, stakeholder requirements and legislation.
What you’ll do:
As part of the Finance Team, you’ll ensure intercompany transactions are accurate and compliant with transfer pricing arrangements, and to lead the international relationships with external advisors.
You’ll have primary responsibility for all financial reporting of the international regions. This should be timely and accurate and in line with the reporting requirements of the business and external stakeholders, including banks and investors.
You’ll also lead the international external advisor relationships covering payroll, tax and statutory audit compliance. To support the integration of new acquisitions into the group and manage intercompany transactions in line with policies.
What you’ll be doing on a regular basis:
- International regions management accounts, financial reporting and commercial analysis
- Managing the international finance team and supporting the UK based finance team where required
- Analysis of expenditure across the international regions to highlight inefficiencies and potential cost savings
- International customer, profitability and margin analysis
- Managing the relationships with international external accountants and tax advisors, assisting in international corporate tax returns and other compliance/audit requirements
- Working closely with senior management to increase a company’s efficiency and profitability by assisting with the formulation of both the medium and long-term financial plan, building annual budgets and 3-year plans
- Reviewing and approving balance sheet reconciliations
- Review, approve and reconcile international payroll
- Forex management and reporting, transfer pricing compliance, intercompany transaction management
- Supporting and inputing into the closure and preparation of year end statutory accounts and supporting company audits ensuring optimum results are achieved
- Overseeing compliance with all statutory requirements internationally e.g. VAT, Corporation Tax, etc.
- Building strong relationships with the broader finance, operations and commercial teams, focussing on international regions
- Working with various parts of the business to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
Experience & Skills:
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Recognised accounting qualification (ACA)
- Previous experience as Financial Controller
- Experience in international accounting / compliance
- Strong IT skills, notably Excel and financial systems as well banking facilities
- Previous experience of accounting systems essential, e.g. SAGE.
- Experience of leading and managing others (international)
- Strong communicator
- Ability to implement and monitor internal controls
- Strategic / forward thinker
- Analytical and a strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of corporate tax, VAT, PAYE
We are ideally seeking candidates who are available to work from our Head Office in Farnborough which is a 10-minute walk from Farnborough Main station and close to the town centre and local amenities, with flexible/remote options.
Salary and Benefits
Annual salary of up to £70,000 per annum, with an additional benefits package including:
(plus Bank Holidays)
including discounted gym membership
Why Join DCSL GuideSmiths?
Learning & Development
We offer dedicated hours for learning, as well as access to an online learning platform.
Supporting the local community is important to us at DCSL GuideSmiths. We give our people an extra 1 day off per year to carry out charity work of their choosing.
Our people know the kind of skills and personalities that make people fit in here. Refer your peers through our referral reward scheme.