Head of Marketing
Salary: up to £70,000 per annum
Location: London / Farnborough / Part-Remote (UK)
The successful Head of Marketing will lead the Marketing team on the execution of the company’s full-funnel marketing strategy, ensuring the team delivers the plan to the highest quality, on target, on time and on budget. They will also be responsible for evolving the DCSL GuideSmiths brand, key messages and all external-facing communications to maximise impact – resulting in exceeding lead generation targets and facilitating conversion and sales team efficiency targets in line with company revenue goals.
What you’ll do:
Your duties will include:
Marketing Strategy and Plan Execution
- Developing the overarching marketing and channel strategy for DCSL GuideSmiths, based on our commercial goals, ideal target clients and industry positioning.
- Overseeing the high-quality execution of all activities within DCSL GuideSmiths full-funnel marketing strategy – these include PR, internal and external events, PPC, content, direct mail, social and email marketing.
- Briefing and holding external suppliers to account whilst building positive relationships with them.
- Carefully monitoring ROI across all activities to ensure budget is being deployed effectively and targets met, reporting on KPI’s and spend on a monthly basis.
Consistent, Impactful Messaging Across All External Comms
- Generating inspiring thought leadership themes that enable us to secure speaking opportunities and attract high-calibre attendees to internal events.
- Coordinating DCSL GuideSmiths overall PR strategy, including maintaining an up-to-date journalist directory building journalist relationships and securing PR opportunities.
- Continuing the development of our credentials deck, brand narrative, company description and external profiles.
- Being the owner of DCSL GuideSmiths content strategy, reviewing all content produced by the team to ensure it is on-message.
Effective Guardianship of DCSL GuideSmiths Brand
- Continuing to redefine the brand as it evolves with the business – including our mission, vision, values, ToV and key brand messages.
- Maintaining our website and credentials deck, continually updating in line with evolving business needs and product offerings.
- Supporting sales and other teams with proposal, QBR and kick-off deck design.
- Supporting CD and CEO with collateral relating to board reports and internal comms, including company-wide presentations.
Ongoing Sales Team Support
- Using current tools/systems to support email and content-based lead nurturing campaigns.
- Creating new sales collateral when needed.
- Working with the wider business to gather case metrics and stories from DCSL GuideSmiths customers, in order to build compelling case studies for marketing.
- Designing a comprehensive content plan and calendar that will strengthen DCSL GuideSmiths position as a thought leader and help generate inbound interest.
- Researching and write best-in-class thought leadership content that will appeal to existing and prospective clients, seeking input from internal teams as required.
- Managing DCSL GuideSmiths social channels.
- Managing DCSL GuideSmiths email marketing strategy and integrating this with website and social content calendars.
- Planning and executing all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email and social media campaigns.
- Designing, building and maintaining our social media presence on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Measuring and reporting performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPI’s).
- Identifying trends and insights and optimise spend and performance based on the insights.
- Brainstorming new and creative growth strategies.
- Collaborating with internal teams to create landing pages and optimise user experience.
- Instrumenting conversion points and optimise user funnels.
- Collaborating with agencies and other vendor partners.
Team Management and Growth
- Setting the bar for the Marketing team by demonstrating and sharing your expertise in technology, design and build and digital transformation.
- Proactively identifying team strengths and weaknesses, and use a combination of methods (process improvements, technology, coaching, personal development plans, team workshops) to address these and to scale yourself.
- Monitoring and reporting on marketing data in order to assess the success of various marketing activities e.g., events, articles etc.
- Working to an agreed marketing budget, tracking and monitoring costs throughout.
- Reporting back to senior management on lead generation efforts; integrating with existing sales funnel efforts and demonstrating a concrete contribution to the top line.
Experience & Skills:
To be successful, you should possess the following skills:
- Leadership – you develop clear goals collaboratively, getting consensus from different stakeholders, and make the path to reach them feel achievable.
- Deep brand understanding – you have a strong understanding of brand theory and know how to leverage different channels and mediums to best convey DCSL GuideSmiths brand and champion it internally and externally.
- Creativity paired with a commercial mindset – you relish coming up with creative campaign and content ideals, but are also analytical and commercially-minded, using data and benchmarks to inform your plans.
- Communication – you use excellent verbal and written communication skills to critically evaluate messaging created by other team members.
- Methodology and process design – you are comfortable with setting up processes from scratch and taking a ‘test and learn’ approach to optimise marketing activities.
- Attention to detail – you are meticulous in everything that you do, with a keen eye for spotting off-brand colours, fonts and typos.
- Passionate about technology – you are excited about content marketing and championing it’s use to drive growth. You take proactive steps to educate yourself on what is happening in the industry.
- Organised and able to work under pressure – you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can methodically juggle multiple tasks at the same time, preparing for and delivering each one to an excellent level.
You should also possess the following experience:
- Extensive in-house B2B marketing experience – with B2B technology lead generation experience preferred.
- Previous responsibility for a brand and associated messaging.
- Significant involvement in a wide range of activities across the marketing funnel, including events management, PPS, social media, search optimisation and PR.
- Producing high-impact sales and marketing collateral.
- Managing marketing suppliers, from agencies to freelancers.
- A relevant degree qualification and/or proven journalism, marketing, or content and copywriting skills.
- Management experience.
Candidates have the option to work in either our Central London or Farnborough office, with part remote options.
Our London office is a 10-minute walk from Waterloo Station, and our Head Office in Farnborough is a 10-minute walk from Farnborough Main station and close to the town centre and local amenities. We also have a virtual Development Centre in Manchester.
Salary & Benefits:
Annual salary of up to £70,000 dependent on experience, with an additional benefits package including:
(plus Bank Holidays)
including discounted gym membership
Why Join DCSL GuideSmiths?
Work on a Variety of Projects
We offer the opportunity to work on full life cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging.
Learning & Development
We offer opportunities to gain or update accreditation through our partnership with Microsoft, as well as training through a dedicated online learning platform.
Supporting the local community is important to us at DCSL GuideSmiths. We give our people an extra 1 day off per year to carry out charity work of their choosing.
Our people know the kind of skills and personalities that make people fit in here. Refer your peers through our referral reward scheme.