Java Backend Engineer
Salary: Competitive annual salary
Location: Madrid, Spain / Remote
The ideal person for this role will be someone experienced in Java with the willingness to participate in challenging projects, as well as being part of our business development goal of being the best international software boutique to work with.
What you’ll do:
As a member of the development team, you will be involved in designing, developing and maintaining a variety of bespoke software systems. You will:
- Use the latest technologies (such as NodeJS) and practices (DevOps, TDD)
- Develop and deliver high-quality software on a continuous basis with CI/CDbased on AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Work in high-performance projects for international clients
- Get familiar with unit, integration, and E2E test
- Be part of an agile team and collaborate with all your team members
- Be in charge of routing the corresponding data, storing and processing them in order to ensure that the business team is able to perform their analysis and people that work with the Apps, will be able to consume them. All this is designed in an architecture based on microservices
- Have company-paid training and enjoy a very collaborative and open atmosphere
Experience & Skills:
- Have solid knowledge of Java and Spring
- Speak fluent English (Provable minimum B2+) as we work with international clients
- Have extensive back-end testing experience, specifically with AWS and microservices architectures. Assure quality of a high-reliability site
- Enjoy working closely with the entire team to ensure that the site accomplishes the highest standards of quality in the back-end
- Have experience with Oracle database
- Follow Agile/Scrum principles
What skills add value to your application?
- You are passionate about technology and coding
- Able to work with international team members
- Able to work remotely with team members
- Always seeking for continuous improvement
- Problem solving
- Clients and results orientation
We have a Remote first culture, but you can also work from our WeWork offices located in Madrid center.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive annual salary dependent on experience, with an additional benefits package including:
Why Join DCSL GuideSmiths?
Work on a Variety of Projects
We offer the opportunity to work on full life cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging.
Learning & Development
We believe in investing in our people. We provide training and offer opportunities to gain or update accreditations.
Flexible Compensation Plan
We offer a flexible compensation plan and let you choose what is best for you. Private medical insurance, restaurant & transportation credit card and training budget.
Our people know the kind of skills and personalities that make people fit in here. Refer your peers through our referral reward scheme.