Salary: £35,000 to £63,000 per annum
Location: London / Farnborough / Manchester / UK-Remote
As a Java Developer at DCSL GuideSmiths, you will be exposed to new tech, interesting and varied projects, as well as continued opportunities for career development.
What you’ll do:
As a Java Developer at DCSL Guidesmiths, you will be involved in designing, developing and maintaining a variety of bespoke software systems. Your duties will include:
- Developing high-quality bespoke software code
- Talking through requirements with the client and the development team
- Taking part in technical design and progress meetings
- Maintaining and supporting systems once they’re up and running
- Discovering, learning and integrating new technologies into applications to speed up system development or offer cutting edge services to our clients
Experience & Skills:
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years experience programming with Java, or 7+ years total programming experience with 2+ years within Java
- An understanding and experience of object-oriented programming techniques
- Experience developing with Spring
- Experience working with relational database tools and ORMs
- Experience with Vue.js
- Experience using Git
What skills add value to your application?
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Android app development
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Agile (Scrum) methodology
Candidates have the option to work in either our Central London or Farnborough office, with part or full-time remote options.
Our London office is a 10-minute walk from Waterloo Station, and our Head Office in Farnborough is a 10-minute walk from Farnborough Main station and close to the town centre and local amenities. We also have a virtual Development Centre in Manchester.
Salary & Benefits:
Annual salary between £35,000 to £63,000 dependent on experience, with an additional benefits package including:
(plus Bank Holidays)
including discounted gym membership
Why Join DCSL GuideSmiths?
Work on a Variety of Projects
We offer the opportunity to work on full life cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging.
Learning & Development
We offer opportunities to gain or update accreditation through our partnership with Microsoft, as well as training through a dedicated online learning platform.
Supporting the local community is important to us at DCSL GuideSmiths. We give our people an extra 1 day off per year to carry out charity work of their choosing.
Our people know the kind of skills and personalities that make people fit in here. Refer your peers through our referral reward scheme.