Junior Technical Architect
Salary: up to £55,000 per annum
Location: London / Farnborough / UK-Remote
You will be working with C# and the latest .Net frameworks to develop bespoke software for a range of clients. This role includes a three month on the job training programme to bring you up to speed on all areas of knowledge a Junior Technical Architect needs to possess.
What you’ll do:
After the three month training period, you will be involved in designing, developing and maintaining a variety of bespoke software systems. Your duties will include:
- Providing reliable development estimates throughout the requirement/specification process
- Keeping Solution Architects updated with cutting-edge development tools and methodologies
- Dealing with multiple projects concurrently
Occasionally the Junior Technical Architect may have to:
- Meet with customers to understand their requirements, but mostly this will be done by the Solution Architect
- Participate in pre-sales activities, either reviewing technical requirements or existing code bases
- Travel to meet customers
Experience & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of .NET (core), C#
- Strong hands on experience of ASP.NET (core) WebApi and MVC
- In-depth knowledge of ORM systems such as EF (core), Dapper, nHibernate, etc
- Good understanding of HTML5, CSS
- A very good understanding of relational databases, optmisation and troubleshooting
- An understanding of Xamarin and mobile application development
- Experience with cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google, IBM Cloud, etc), and related services/technologies
- Working knowledge of Agile and particularly Scrum
- Knowledge of good testing practice, automated and manual
The role also requires:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to explain technical details/limitations clearly to customers
- Pragmatism when faced with issues
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to keep teams moving forward
- An awareness of the project budget and commercial constraints
- Superior development skills and the ability to identify reusable code opportunities
- Handling customer interactions with patience and calmness; an understanding that technical knowledge is different between you and them, and that they may become frustrated
Candidates have the option to work in either our Central London or Farnborough office, with flexible remote options.
Our London office is a 10-minute walk from Waterloo Station, and our Head Office in Farnborough is a 10-minute walk from Farnborough Main station and close to the town centre and local amenities. We also have a virtual Development Centre in Manchester.
Salary & Benefits
Annual salary of up to £55,000 (dependent upon experience) with an additional benefits package, including:
(plus Bank Holidays)
including discounted gym membership
Why Join DCSL GuideSmiths?
Work on a Variety of Projects
We offer the opportunity to work on full life cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging.
Learning & Development
We offer opportunities to gain or update accreditation through our partnership with Microsoft, as well as training through a dedicated online learning platform.
Supporting the local community is important to us at DCSL GuideSmiths. We give our people an extra 1 day off per year to carry out charity work of their choosing.
Our people know the kind of skills and personalities that make people fit in here. Refer your peers through our referral reward scheme.