Senior Business Development Manager
Salary: up to £65,000 per annum
Location: Farnborough / UK-Remote
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Senior Business Development Manager to join our growing Sales Team.
You will work closely with the Sales team and Commercial Director to drive new business acquisition and forging strong relationships with clients.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Business Development Manager at DCSL GuideSmiths, you will be:
- Responding to new business opportunities (inbound)
- Seeking out new business opportunities (outbound)
- Attending in person or virtual customer workshops to engage with clients, showcase our company, and collect detailed requirements
- Having intelligent and informed conversations with our clients about what DCSLGS can offer, how we can solve their problems and pain points through software development, and to showcase the value proposition that we can offer
- Monitoring and updating the CRM system with customer notes, following up and chasing down potential sales leads
- Arranging, attending and taking minutes of business meetings with prospective clients
- Promoting the Company’s services and addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Assisting with the preparation of sales contracts
- Providing trustworthy feedback internally and externally
- Building long-term relationships with customers
- Writing high quality proposals and coordinating the proposal process, following standard procedures including planning, review and production
- Seeking out and responding to tenders
- Sending and receiving NDAs
- Completion and sending of order forms, T’s and C’s and SLAs
- Coordinating with Technical staff to develop, research, track and follow up on leads and gain realistic estimates
- Coordinating with the Resource Team to understand what resources are available to commit to the engagements you are selling
Experience and Skills:
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Confidence in meeting and negotiating with people at different levels in organisations
- Proven experience within a similar role in a consultative/bespoke business in the IT or software arena
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly MS Word for formatting
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal
- Good understanding of pricing structures and able to understand simple formulas
- Strong time management and ability to prioritise own workload
- Self-starter who works excellently without supervision
Target and Commission:
The successful candidate will be targeted to win New Business to the value of £3M during 2022 which will be commissionable as 1-3% of deal value on top of the base salary offered, and is uncapped therefore offering unlimited earning potential for a successful and hard-working salesperson.
Candidates have the option to work in either our Central London or Farnborough office, with flexible/remote options.
Our London office is a 10-minute walk from Waterloo Station, and our Head Office in Farnborough is a 10-minute walk from Farnborough Main station and close to the town centre and local amenities. We also have a virtual Development Centre in Manchester.
Salary & Benefits:
Annual salary of up to £65,000 dependent on experience, with an additional benefits package including:
(plus Bank Holidays)
including discounted gym membership
Why Join DCSL GuideSmiths?
Work on a Variety of Projects
We offer the opportunity to work with Blue Chip clients, developing your experience with companies in multiple industries.
Learning & Development
We offer opportunities to gain or update accreditation, as well as training through a dedicated online learning platform.
Supporting the local community is important to us at DCSL GuideSmiths. We give our people an extra 1 day off per year to carry out charity work of their choosing.
Our people know the kind of skills and personalities that make people fit in here. Refer your peers through our referral reward scheme.