Salary: up to £80,000 per annum
Location: London / Farnborough / Manchester / UK-Remote
As a Solution Architect at DCSL GuideSmiths, you will be given the opportunity to be exposed to new tech, interesting and varied projects, as well as continued opportunities for career development.
What you’ll do:
As a Solution Architect, you will be involved in designing, developing and maintaining a variety of bespoke software systems. Your duties will include:
- Conducting requirements gathering sessions with clients, sometimes in a consultative manner. These will predominantly be face to face, but on occasions may be conducted via video conference
- Providing reliable development estimates throughout the requirement/specification process
- Producing prototypes/wireframes and writing user stories and/or functional specification documents to company standards within an agreed timeframe
- Leading technical design sessions and writing technical design documents when requested
- Managing with QA the design and execution of test plans and regression tests and generally ensuring a quality solution is delivered
- Accurately reporting the project status at weekly management meetings
- Taking ownership and responsibility for the successful delivery of projects
Occasionally the Solution Architect may have to:
- Participate in pre-sales activities;
- Conduct appraisals and other HR related duties;
- Travel to meet customers;
- Create the conceptual software design and then hand over to a Technical Architect for the in-depth development work.
Experience & Skills:
- Expert knowledge of .NET(core), C#
- Hands on experience of ASP.NET(core) WebApi, MVC
- Hands on experience of ORM systems such as EF(core), Dapper, nHibernate, etc
- Good understanding of HTML5 and CSS
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server, TSQL, Stored Procedures and generally a very good understanding of relational databases
- An understanding of Xamarin and mobile application development
- Good and up to date understanding of Cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google, IBM, etc), and related services/technologies
- Working knowledge of Agile and particularly Scrum
- Knowledge of good testing practice, automated and manual
The role also requires:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to explain technical details/limitations clearly to customers
- Pragmatism when faced with issues
- The ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and deliver under aggressive timelines
- An ability to visualise and explain the difference between UX tools and their functionality, which can only come from a deep understanding of the various options
- An ability to show empathy with customers and act calmly and professionally when faced with their frustrations if they arise.
Candidates have the option to work in either our Central London or Farnborough office, with part or full-time remote options.
Our London office is a 10-minute walk from Waterloo Station, and our Head Office in Farnborough is a 10-minute walk from Farnborough Main station and close to the town centre and local amenities. We also have a virtual Development Centre in Manchester.
Salary & Benefits
Annual salary of up to £80,000 (dependent upon experience) with an additional benefits package, including:
(plus Bank Holidays)
including discounted gym membership
Why Join DCSL GuideSmiths?
Work on a Variety of Projects
We offer the opportunity to work on full life cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging.
Learning & Development
We offer opportunities to gain or update accreditation through our partnership with Microsoft, as well as training through a dedicated online learning platform.
Supporting the local community is important to us at DCSL GuideSmiths. We give our people an extra 1 day off per year to carry out charity work of their choosing.
Our people know the kind of skills and personalities that make people fit in here. Refer your peers through our referral reward scheme.