If you need help identifying the technology barriers that stand between you and a more profitable business, our software consultants can help.
We’ve been providing consulting and advisory services for over 20 years. Our experienced Consultants will give you an unbiased, independent view of how best to align your technology with your business plan.
How our Software Consultants can help you
We can consult with your business for as little or as long as you need and give as much or as little end-to-end support as required, including:
- consulting with you for a period of time to understand your business, reviewing your current technology and providing an independent recommendation for improvement
- complementing the work your IT department already does by adding expert resource to enable faster project delivery
- working with you from start to finish to analyse your requirements, carry out assessments and create the resulting bespoke software solution
Understanding your business
Before we even think about making any recommendations, we spend time talking to management and staff and getting to know your business. We then look at the capabilities of your existing system and analyse your business operations to determine where any efficiencies could be made and what, currently, stands in the way of achieving this.
By having this bigger picture, we ensure that our recommendations accurately and effectively meet your business needs and the requirements of your particular organisation.
- Requirements analysis
- Collaborative prototyping
- Application structure
- Technical specification
- Quality assurance
- Business and system comes together
- Technical solution
- Support plan
- Development methodology
- Coding standards
- System management
About our Software Development Consultants
Our Consultants are highly experienced Technical Architects and Software Developers, meaning they recognise not only what is required from a business perspective, but also what is achievable from a technical viewpoint. Based out of our UK and mainland European delivery centres, they have many years of hands-on experience of guiding companies through technology change.
As well as advising on the best technology solution for your business, our Consultants are also very happy to offer help and guidance on how to overcome the huge challenges posed by the development of large-scale complex software systems, such as:
- avoiding late software delivery
- going over budget, and the knock-on effects of reduced functionality
- resolving complexities/sensitivities with the alignment of company goals
- integrating new and existing systems
We'd definitely use DCSL GuideSmiths again. They're very professional, comprehensive and very thorough. We felt comfortable working with them and we're very happy with the results. Read more.